Neon Genesis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neon Genesis

a Star Legends Clan

4 posters

We need a latest post box

Cabero
    Cabero

We need a latest post box Empty We need a latest post box

Post by Cabero Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:39 pm

I don't know if this forum has the feature. But I was hoping that maybe you could set it up like the STS forums when you click the what's new button and all the recent post titles show up. That way we don't have to manually go through all the sections to see what has been posted in the last few hours. I know it shows the last post made for each section but that is just one post not all the recent posts.
    EgoDeath
    EgoDeath

We need a latest post box Empty Re: We need a latest post box

Post by EgoDeath Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:35 am

When I log into the forums, any new content is indicated by the moving icons on the left. The last column on the right is for "Last Posts" and clicking on the arrow takes me directly to the most recent comment. I've never had a problem keeping up with everyone's comments, just follow the flashing icons.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:12 am

ill look into latest post box ... i try to read EVERYTHING that's posted and it's a hassle lol but that would save time and energy
    Cabero
    Cabero

Post by Cabero Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 am

EgoDeath wrote:When I log into the forums, any new content is indicated by the moving icons on the left. The last column on the right is for "Last Posts" and clicking on the arrow takes me directly to the most recent comment. I've never had a problem keeping up with everyone's comments, just follow the flashing icons.

I know that but that doesn't show if 10 threads/replies were made in say 30 mins it doesn't show you the title of the thread. It just tells you the very last person that made a thread/reply. You still have to go through every section to see what everyone has been saying.

Admin wrote:ill look into latest post box ... i try to read EVERYTHING that's posted and it's a hassle lol but that would save time and energy

At least he knows what I mean lol
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:43 am

ya i've visited plenty of forums that have that .... even one that uses the same forum host just a different forum version i think it was on invision or pnp anyways it would be a box up top that could be clicked on and it would simply list the topics that had been posted or replied on since last visit with a maximum of 10 latest posts so instead of going into each category you have them all under one screen to access
    EgoDeath
    EgoDeath

Post by EgoDeath Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:10 am

Right, yeah. Who wants to navigate the forums? That's a whole 60 seconds of your life you'll never get back.
    Cabero
    Cabero

Post by Cabero Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:11 am

EgoDeath wrote:Right, yeah. Who wants to navigate the forums? That's a whole 60 seconds of your life you'll never get back.

I can't help it I'm impatient. tongue
    Chaos
    Chaos

Post by Chaos Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:06 pm

"View posts since last visit" is what I have been using... It's almost like what you are asking, but I think it would be cool to have a "latest post box".
    Cabero
    Cabero

Post by Cabero Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Chaosgamer wrote:"View posts since last visit" is what I have been using... It's almost like what you are asking, but I think it would be cool to have a "latest post box".
    Ya I just noticed that. It will work for now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content