Neon Genesis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neon Genesis

a Star Legends Clan

+6
Chaos
-Eriksyn-
Xlegion
LegalShet
Dredlok
skincandy
10 posters

just an idea to get everyone more active

skincandy
    skincandy

just an idea to get everyone more active  Empty just an idea to get everyone more active

Post by skincandy Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:55 am

Hey guys an girls

I've seen how much trouble it is to keep typing and tryin to get Ppl to sign up to the forums and even more to get them to read any of the forum posts.
    I was thinking that it could be a requirement to join the forums to be in the guild and then also offer prizes for the most active players not a big prize but something to look forward to at the end of every month or three month period. I don't want any prizes I'm happy already just being able to join you guys playing

I hope you like my idea thanks for reading
    Take care from skincandy queen
    Dredlok
    Dredlok

just an idea to get everyone more active  Empty Re: just an idea to get everyone more active

Post by Dredlok Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:14 am

Great idea! That would better prevent people from joining the guild, getting suited up with gear and then leaving the guild once they get what they want out of it. When one joins this forum (and even the FB page) there's a little more accountability involved. At the very least we'd have their email address to spam them "why'd you leave" but in my opinion, If the person was the kind of player to just use and leave us, then we wouldn't really want that person around anyway.

Once again, great idea. For me, I find myself wanting to group up in game with the people that's active on this forum.
    LegalShet
    LegalShet

just an idea to get everyone more active  Empty Re: just an idea to get everyone more active

Post by LegalShet Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:36 am

theres a facebook page o.0?
    Dredlok
    Dredlok

Post by Dredlok Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:04 am

It's a FB group page.... Let me grab the URL.......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/245200448855668/

See ya there soon!
    Xlegion
    Xlegion

Post by Xlegion Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:44 am

That is a good idea. It should also be required they list their Alts, and whatever guild they are in as well-don't want people coming in and getting gear with several different characters. This would also help keep the spies out.
    -Eriksyn-
    -Eriksyn-

Post by -Eriksyn- Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Ibehawaiian wrote:At the very least we'd have their email address to spam them "why'd you leave"

LOL! That'd be hilarious.

But yeah I agree, this would definitely encourage more activity, not just playing in-game, but conversations in and out of game as well.
    Chaos
    Chaos

Post by Chaos Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Xlegion wrote:That is a good idea. It should also be required they list their Alts, and whatever guild they are in as well-don't want people coming in and getting gear with several different characters. This would also help keep the spies out.
    Xlegion wrote:don't want people coming in and getting gear with several different characters. This would also help keep the spies out.
    Xlegion wrote:This would also help keep the spies out.
    Xlegion wrote:spies
    Suspect
    Xlegion
    Xlegion

Post by Xlegion Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 pm

yup. Suspect spies.

It's no surprise that large guilds will sometimes have alts in other guilds, and relate what they are doing. Sometimes this is on purpose, other times it is an honest mistake, but knowing what people have alts in what clans, will help us understand why we are being targeted so often for negative feedback/comments.
    It's just a suggestion, but I'd love to catch the sneaky ones... What a Face
    LegalShet
    LegalShet

Post by LegalShet Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:01 pm

youll never catch me Wink
    EgoDeath
    EgoDeath

Post by EgoDeath Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Xlegion wrote:spies

Hahahaa, you're a nut!

Spying is not illegal in this game, and I can tell you that I've spent many, many hours studying the inner workings of all major guilds, analyzing their faults (and I still do!). The only other guild that is halfway pleasant to be a part of is Sparkling Pwnies. Guild Master Lilmiss has a remarkable personality and is very nice.

Then the idea came, I wanted to make SL a better gaming environment for everyone, so I wrote out a plan and executed.

Knowing very well that our sudden uprising would cause curiosity and alarm, it was only a matter of time before propaganda set in and loyal members of other guilds would stop by to take a peek inside the mysterious Neon Genesis.

The propaganda would only amplify our publicity and our ingenuity would then be exposed as loyal Neonites retorted to the hatred and our "spies" relayed their discoveries back to their primary. Detailed descriptions of our methods were posted directly to spacetimestudios.com Star Legends forums and now serves as the ultimate GM guide.

Bearing witness as the other GMs scramble to mimic our methods fascinates me to no end. Being highly regarded is their leading motivational forces and our rapid climb on the leaderboard forces them to consider adopting my techniques.

As a GM, my intent is to serve you, and to treat everyone with the utmost respect. Now other GMs are slowly beginning to understand the benefit and pleasure of self-sacrifice, and soon there will be other quality guilds to choose from.

I take great joy in watching other guilds evolve, but you can bet that Neon Genesis will always be a step ahead of the game.

Last edited by EgoDeath on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
    -Eriksyn-
    -Eriksyn-

Post by -Eriksyn- Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Ego definitely practices what he preaches. When the update came out, I noticed that for the next few days, Ego spent 99% of the time in guild hall taking care of the guild while everyone else got to enjoy the new content and level up. I had just joined the guild the day before the update and after seeing that, I gotta say Ego earned my respect that day.

On the other hand, I heard the first to get to 31 was V's GM. Kind of puts things in perspective with the quality and selflessness of our guild huh?
    Dredlok
    Dredlok

Post by Dredlok Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:41 pm

-Eriksyn- wrote:
    On the other hand, I heard the first to get to 31 was V's GM. Kind of puts things in perspective with the quality and selflessness of our guild huh?

Selflessness was a quality adopted by all of the well known "ali'i" or chiefs here in Hawai'i (ancient times of course) and there are dozens of documented stories where if the Ali'i was selfish and disrespectful to his people, the people would get rid of him (drowning, drop a tree on him, stone him) and make someone else the leader. Ego shows qualities of a very good leader and I always just assumed that he's been a GM/clan leader since the PAC-MAN wars of 1984. Glad to be a part of NG.
    Xlegion
    Xlegion

Post by Xlegion Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:46 pm

How do you drop a tree on someone?!?1 affraid
    That takes talent right there. Shocked
    LegalShet
    LegalShet

Post by LegalShet Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Wish they'd drop a tree on my ex -_-
    mintberycrnch
    mintberycrnch

Post by mintberycrnch Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Gotta give it up for Ego. I allway see him in the guild hall working hard and wonder does he ever get to actually play SL.
    skincandy
    skincandy

Post by skincandy Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:57 pm

So ego is my idea any good. Im just tryin to get forum users more active and more member to join and to have more imputed into the guild as its not just you the gm and the officers to do everything as it would be a guild without every member. I personally think my idea is a relatively easy thing to put into place. And with the amount of members in the guild would make the forums a much more active.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 pm

LegalShet wrote:Wish they'd drop a tree on my ex -_-

that can be arranged
    Cero
    Cero

Post by Cero Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm

I too had favored Ego. "great leader is a great servant"

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:50 am

[quote="Dredlok"]
    -Eriksyn- wrote:
    and I always just assumed that he's been a GM/clan leader since the PAC-MAN wars of 1984.

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 am